Support the CAC
The work of the Center for Action and Contemplation is possible only because of friends and supporters like you! CAC is not sustained by any large institution, foundation, or corporation; we are funded by thousands of people around the world who give freely because they have been impacted by this work. Gifts of any amount are received gratefully and are tax-deductible in the United States to the extent allowed by the law.
Over the past thirty-three years, the Center for Action and Contemplation has gone through many iterations, but the essential vision has remained rooted in Fr. Richard’s founding purpose: to operate as a “school for prophets,” an almost “underground seminary” to teach the alternative Franciscan Orthodoxy of both praxis and prayer, action and contemplation.
Make an Online Donation
Click here to make a one-time donation or to set up a recurring gift plan securely online. If you’d like to use PayPal to donate click here to checkout from CAC’s online bookstore and choose PayPal as your payment option.
You can also learn about other ways to give. Thank you for your generosity and partnership. We sincerely appreciate it.
How We Steward Your Donations
Our budgeting philosophy holds the CAC to high standards of sustainable and responsible stewardship. We honor your partnership and work to steward our resources in the best possible way to serve our vision of a more loving world. Donations allow us to make our work accessible to a broad and inclusive community via scholarships, gift economy principles and the ability to offer much of our content for free. For example, donations help to fund the following:
- Daily Meditations emails—Reflections by Fr. Richard Rohr are sent free to hundreds of thousands around the world, every day of the year.
- CAC Podcast Network—Teachings by Fr. Richard and a collection of our Faculty free for all around the world to download and listen.
- Living School—The Living School for Action and Contemplation opened in September 2013 thanks to the support of donors.
- Online Education—As funds and time are available, CAC continues to grow our catalog of self-paced, in-depth online courses, open to the public.
- Financial Assistance—Sliding scale fees and scholarships enable students and those of limited financial means to participate across all CAC programs.
- Expansion of CAC’s Mission and Vision— We envision a recovery of our deep connection to each other and our world, and we believe this will be served by a critical mass of spiritual seekers who have experienced the transformative wisdom of the Christian contemplative tradition. We are working towards this vision through the continued expansion of our Faculty, teaching mediums, technology and team.
Thank you for your trust and support.
Other Ways to Give
Send a check: Make the check payable to “Center for Action and Contemplation” and if possible, please include your email address in the memo line so we can send you an immediate donation receipt. Mail to:
Center for Action and Contemplation
P.O. Box 12464
Albuquerque, NM 87195
Bequests: Planned giving can be one of the most powerful ways to support the CAC by including us in your will or estate plan. Please click here for more information and get in contact with CAC’s Development & Partnerships Director if you are considering making a bequest to the CAC.
Gifts of stock: Gifts of stock can be a very effective method of giving. For information on how to make a stock gift and the benefits of doing so, please click here for more information or contact us at [email protected] with any questions.
Bank-to-Bank Donations (One-Time Wire Transfers): To set up a one time ACH/EFT donation, email [email protected] and we can walk you through the details.
Receipt of Donations
CAC acknowledges each donation with a receipt for tax records. This happens immediately when we have your email address on file. Physical receipts are mailed if your email address isn’t on hand. If you need an additional copy of a receipt or an annual statement of your donations for the previous year, please reach out to us at [email protected]. (Note that the IRS does not require donations under $250 to be verified by receipt.)
More Information on Charitable Giving
To update your mailing & email address or to request additional information regarding CAC’s stewardship of donations, a copy of our 990 financial statements or any other question, please email us at [email protected]. We are here to help and are grateful for your support.