Transforming Ourselves, Each Other, and the World
The Center for Action and Contemplation’s programs and resources are designed to help deepen prayer practice and strengthen compassionate engagement in the world.
What We Do
Father Richard Rohr’s vision has always been about providing spiritual grounding for a movement of contemplative activists, prophetic leaders, and spiritual seekers. In the tradition of Jesus, St. Francis, and all mystics, the role of the Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) is to provide spiritual wisdom and guidance to support both inner and outer transformation.
To introduce Christian contemplative wisdom and practices that support transformation and inspire loving action.
We offer teaching from Father Richard Rohr and our core faculty—James Finley, Barbara Holmes, Brian McLaren, and emeritus faculty Cynthia Bourgeault—that is rooted in the Christian contemplative traditions and points to our oneness with God and each other. Our programs and resources will help grow your consciousness, deepen your prayer practice, and strengthen your compassionate engagement with the world.
- Podcasts: Go deeper with these conversational and practice-based series on the Universal Christ, the mystics, cosmic contemplation, unpacking bias, and radical love.
- Richard Rohr’s Daily Meditations: Father Richard Rohr helps us create a rhythm of action and contemplation with these free daily email reflections.
- Online Education: Self-paced, 100% online studies explore Christian mystical wisdom with audio and video recordings, discussion with other participants, and opportunities for personal reflection.
- Events: Our educational events focus on teaching contemplative practice and compassionate action.
- Living School: This two-year program a unique opportunity to deepen engagement with your truest selves and with the world.
We also have an Online Bookstore, where you can browse a wide selection of books, videos, and audio recordings. Whether it’s reading the Daily Meditations, listening to a podcast, or working through a self-paced online course—everything the CAC offers is in service to awakening more love in the world.
Transformed People Working Together
We at the CAC believe this work and the task of nurturing contemplative consciousness in the world is more important now than ever before. As Father Richard teaches, we need a new way of being in the world together that embodies the reality that all life is sacred, precious, and connected. Instead of accusing others on the left or the right, Jesus stood in radical solidarity with the problem itself, hardly ever offering specific answers to the problem. Instead, his solidarity and compassion brought healing.
Father Richard believes that only the contemplative mind can bring forward the new consciousness that is needed to awaken a more loving, just, and sustainable world. We at the CAC believe that the wisdom from teachers like Father Richard and our core faculty have a critical role in helping shape it.