Immortal Diamond: A Study in Search of the True Self is an opportunity to mine for the real you that has been there all along, hidden under the trappings of ego and False Self. As Richard Rohr writes, “Life is not a matter of creating a special name for ourselves, but of uncovering the name we have always had.” We need ego to help us function, succeed, and belong. But if we let it stay in charge, ego stands in the way of living freely and authentically, from our God-given identity and calling. We are called to “die before we die,” to discover that the promise of resurrection is true for each of us, now.
Jesus’ death and resurrection is an archetype for each human journey. In the words of Gerard Manley Hopkins:
I am all at once what Christ is, | since he was what I am, and
This Jack, joke, poor potsherd, | patch, matchwood, immortal diamond
Is immortal diamond.
Rediscover your forgotten self that can never be destroyed, but can be transformed to live in eternal love.
This rich, self-paced online course is based on Richard Rohr’s book, Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self. The course explores new themes each week through reflections, discussion, expanded commentary, additional articles, videos, and audio clips, plus exclusive teachings from Father Richard. Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self is required reading for this course.
- Discover a vision of your True Self through reading, reflection and engagement with Fr. Richard’s book, Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self.
- Deepen your enjoyment of divine friendship by opening spaces for God’s love and life to flow through you.
- Develop your contemplative practice(s) to form an alternative consciousness on the path towards spiritual maturity.
- Connect and learn with others on the journey toward unitive consciousness.
In this self-paced, 10-week online course, you will have opportunities to:
- Discuss course content with fellow learners from around the world
- Access teachings by Fr. Richard
- Read course relevant works by Fr. Richard
- Step into a deeper understanding of the True Self
- Participate in a guided study
- Engage in personal reflection and contemplative practice
- Review supplemental material (audio, video, articles, books, etc.) to deepen the spiritual journey
- Explore new material every week
- Note: Richard Rohr’s book, Immortal Diamond, is required reading for this course and is not included in the course registration.
Course content will no longer be available once the course ends at 11:30 p.m. US Mountain Time on the last day of class.
Registration closes two weeks before the course opens or as soon as the course fills, whichever comes first.
Cost: $120 per person. To apply for financial assistance, please complete the online Financial Assistance Form at least 1 week before registration is scheduled to close. Please do not register for the online course until your request for financial assistance has been processed.
|Start Date||End Date||Registration Opens||Registration Closes|
|September 5, 2018||November 14, 2018||June 18, 2018||Registration is closed.|
|March 13, 2019||May 21, 2019||November 28, 2018||February 27, 2019 or when course is full.|
Richard Rohr talks about his book, Immortal Diamond
What Others Are Saying About Immortal Diamond:
“This book is a must read for anyone on a serious spiritual search.” – J.K.
“A deep read, if you’re ready to take the leap.” – LH.
“One of the most valuable and vital aspects of this brilliant merging of theology, spirituality and psychology is the articulation of the human condition and the True Self/False Self conceptualization as a replacement for the more traditional language of ‘Original Sin.'” – T.B.