St. Francis of Assisi, an icon of gentleness and compassion, occupies many hearts and gardens as a radical prophet who challenges people of many faiths. The Franciscan Way closely follows Jesus’ path of simplicity, justice, and inclusivity with a counter-cultural movement, an “alternative orthodoxy,” that values vulnerability and union over power and independence.
The Franciscan Way: Beyond the Bird Bath offers a unique window into Franciscan thought and practice with Franciscan Richard Rohr. Step outside your comfortable ideas and habits. Move into new experiences of God, self, and others. Dive into the ocean of God’s love that knows no boundaries or limitations.
- Cultivate Franciscan wisdom in your daily life through reflection and engagement with Fr. Richard’s teaching.
- Expand your awareness of the themes and founders of the Franciscan way, including the Alternative Orthodoxy, Univocity of Being, and the Great Chain of Being.
- Develop contemplative practice(s) to support freedom from the dominant ego self.
- Connect and learn with others on the journey toward unitive consciousness.
In this 7-week online course, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with fellow learners from around the world.
- Participate in a guided study through videos and readings from Fr. Richard and others.
- Engage in personal reflection and contemplative practice.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to the course material.
- Explore new material every week (released Wednesday mornings, US Mountain Time).
- Spend the first week familiarizing yourself with the course format and features.
- Invest 4-6 hours per week in the course teaching, reading, online discussion, and personal reflections. Supplemental readings are optional and may increase your time in the course.
Note About Course Audio Quality
- Some of the Franciscan Way course videos have degraded audio quality that may make them hard to hear. To improve understanding of the video content, all the videos with Fr. Richard teaching have transcripts and closed captioning available.
Course content will be available until one week after the course end date, or until Midnight, U.S. MT on the Tuesday following the course end date.
Registration closes one week before the course opens or as soon as the course fills, whichever comes first.
Cost: $120 per person. To apply for financial assistance, please complete the online Financial Assistance Form at least 1 week before registration is scheduled to close. Please do not register for the online course until your request for financial assistance has been processed.
|Start Date||End Date||Registration Opens||Registration Status|
|February 24, 2021||April 13, 2021||December 28, 2020||Registration has closed.|
Watch a preview of one of Fr. Richard’s teachings
Registration has closed.