- Core Faculty
- Program Details
- Living School FAQs
- What People Are Saying
The Living School curriculum and various educational offerings at the CAC are derived from Fr. Richard Rohr’s wisdom lineage and teaching themes. Listen to Fr. Richard provide a brief synopsis of each element by clicking on the links below.
You may need to adjust your speaker to a comfortable volume. Please also enable pop-ups in your browser, as these links will open in a separate window.
1. Scripture as validated by experience, and experience as validated by Tradition are good scales for one’s spiritual worldview (METHODOLOGY).
2. If God is Trinity and Jesus is the face of God, then it is a benevolent universe. God is not someone to be afraid of, but is the Ground of Being and on our side (FOUNDATION).
3. For those who see deeply there is only One Reality. By reason of the Incarnation, there is no truthful distinction between sacred and profane (FRAME).
4. Everything belongs. No one needs to be punished, scapegoated, or excluded. We cannot directly fight or separate ourselves from evil or untruth. Darkness becomes apparent when exposed to the Light (ECUMENICAL).
5. The “separate self” is the major problem, not the shadow self which only takes deeper forms of disguise (TRANSFORMATION).
6. The path of descent is the path of transformation. Darkness, failure, relapse, death, and woundedness are our primary teachers, rather than ideas or doctrines (PROCESS).
7. Reality is paradoxical and complementary. Non-dual thinking is the highest level of consciousness. Divine union, not private perfection, is the goal of all religion (GOAL).
Fr. Richard Rohr’s lineage includes the teachers, texts, and traditions that have most formed his own ideas and experiences of God. These elements are also explored in Fr. Richard’s 2015 Daily Meditations.