Cynthia Bourgeault is a long-time student of the Christian contemplative and Wisdom paths and is a core faculty member of the CAC and Living School. Christian Wisdom teachings have been around since the earliest days of Christianity; Cynthia teaches from that ancient perspective in ways that suit today’s world. Arising from an in-person Wisdom School that Cynthia led for 200 students, this online course integrates her teachings and contemplative practice to offer an embodied experience.
Wisdom isn’t something you get from a guru or a reward for performing certain actions. Wisdom is about inner work and transformation. Wisdom isn’t knowing more; it’s knowing more deeply, with more of yourself. Wisdom is caught more than taught. This course explores the Wisdom way of knowing and growing. Cynthia invites us to awaken to our yearning for a different kind of presence and to develop the skills, knowledge, and actions for our own transformation.
No prior experience with Cynthia’s Wisdom Schools is required; however we do recommend some familiarity with Cynthia’s books or talks. This course serves as the prerequisite to any of the advanced Wisdom Schools Cynthia provides.
- Cultivate a Wisdom rhythm in your daily life through reflection and engagement with contemplative practices and teachings.
- Expand your awareness of the Christian Wisdom path and its relevance to our realities today.
- Develop contemplative practice(s) to engage and embody these teachings.
- Connect and learn with others on the journey toward living in a Wisdom way.
In this unique, 14-week online course, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with fellow learners from around the world.
- Participate in a guided study through videos and readings from Cynthia Bourgeault and others.
- Engage in personal reflection and contemplative practice.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to the course material.
- Explore new material every week (released Wednesday mornings, US Mountain Time).
- Invest 2-4 hours per week in the reading, online discussion, and personal reflections.
Course content will be available until one week after the course end date, or until Midnight, U.S. MT on the Tuesday following the course end date.
Registration closes one week before the course opens or as soon as the course fills, whichever comes first.
Cost: $195 per person. To apply for financial assistance, please complete the online Financial Assistance Form at least 1 week before registration is scheduled to close. Please do not register for the online course until your request for financial assistance has been processed.
|Start Date||End Date||Registration Opens||Registration Closes|
|March 4, 2020||June 9, 2020||December 3, 2019||Registration is open!|