In this bonus episode Richard, Brie, and Paul recorded their conversation remotely from the confines of their own homes during the pandemic COVID-19. This episode is a follow-up to ‘Our Global Initiation | Part One’ (where the theme focused on the five essential messages of initiation) and furthers those messages with the redemptive hope of each initiation step. The intention was to distill all of the redemptive angles in one episode. Alas, we only got through the first two messages (Richard was on a roll) and we will be back with another episode in the future centering on the final three.
The five redemptive gifts of the initiation messages:
1. It is true that life is hard, and yet my yoke is easy and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28).
2. It is true that you are not important, and yet do you not know that your name is written in heaven? (Luke 10:20).
3. It is true that your life is not about you, and yet I live now not my own life, but the life of Christ who lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
4. It is true that you are not in control, and yet can any of you, for all of your worrying, add a single moment to your span of life? (Luke 12:26).
5. It is true that you are going to die, and yet neither death nor life. . . can ever come between us and the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).
In the midst of this pandemic we hold you in contemplative solidarity and prayer for safety, rest, and renewal.
Visit cac.org/podcast to listen to season one of Another Name for Every Thing
Visit universalchrist.org to learn more about the core themes of Richard’s book, The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For, and Believe
This podcast is made possible, thanks to the generosity of our donors. If you would love to support the ongoing work of the Center for Action and Contemplation and the continued work of our podcasts, you can donate at cac.org/podcastsupport Thank you!