In this bonus episode Richard, Brie, and Paul recorded their conversation remotely from the confines of their own homes during the pandemic COVID-19. This episode is the final installment of the three-part series on this pandemic as a global initiation. This episode focuses on the final three redemptive gifts of the initiation process. Join us in conversation as we seek to live out these steps in quarantine, parenthood, practice, and contemplation.
The five redemptive gifts of the initiation messages:
1. It is true that life is hard, and yet my yoke is easy and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28).
2. It is true that you are not important, and yet do you not know that your name is written in heaven? (Luke 10:20).
3. It is true that your life is not about you, and yet I live now not my own life, but the life of Christ who lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
4. It is true that you are not in control, and yet can any of you, for all of your worrying, add a single moment to your span of life? (Luke 12:26).
5. It is true that you are going to die, and yet neither death nor life. . . can ever come between us and the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).
In the midst of this pandemic we hold you in contemplative solidarity and prayer for safety, rest, and renewal.
Visit universalchrist.org to learn more about the core themes of Richard’s book, The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For, and Believe