Mary Magdalene is possibly one of the most misunderstood and forgotten characters in the Gospels. Who was this woman who earned the title “Apostle to the Apostles”? While history has often portrayed Mary Magdalene—incorrectly—as a prostitute, there is much to discover about this woman who walked so closely with Jesus. What might her life and example teach us about the sacrament of conscious love at the heart of the Gospel mystery?
Join Cynthia Bourgeault as she brings to light what made Mary Magdalene one of Jesus’ most important and beloved disciples. Discover her legacy as an apostle to our times—revealing a path of conscious love that we too are invited to walk.
Mary Magdalene: Apostle to Our Own Times is an opportunity to see one of Christianity’s most courageous women, featured prominently in the Gospel story, more clearly. Let her guide you to a perspective of Christianity you never knew existed, one we so desperately need today.
Watch a short video about the course:
- Cultivate a depth of love in your daily life through reflection and engagement with Cynthia Bourgeault’s teaching.
- Expand your awareness of Mary Magdalene and what she reveals about the nature of conscious love.
- Develop contemplative practice(s) to engage and embody these teachings.
- Connect and learn with others on the journey toward living out the sacrament of love with compassion, generosity, and courage.
In this unique, 8-week online course, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with fellow learners from around the world.
- Participate in a guided study through videos and readings from Cynthia Bourgeault and others.
- Engage in personal reflection and contemplative practice.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to the course material.
- Explore new material every week (released Wednesday mornings, US Mountain Time).
- Invest 2-4 hours per week in the reading, online discussion, and personal reflections.
Course content will be available until one week after the course ends, or until March 19, 2019, at 11:30 p.m. US Mountain Time.
Registration closes two weeks before the course opens or as soon as the course fills, whichever comes first.
Cost: $120 per person. To apply for financial assistance, please complete the online Financial Assistance Form at least 1 week before registration is scheduled to close. Please do not register for the online course until your request for financial assistance has been processed.
|Start Date||End Date||Registration Opens||Registration Closes|
|January 16, 2019||March 12, 2019||October 1, 2018||January 2, 2019 or when the course is full.|
|May 22, 2019||July 16, 2019||February 4, 2019||May 8, 2019 or when the course is full.|
Registration is closed as the course has reached capacity.