The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to encourage the ongoing transformation of human consciousness, equipping people to be instruments of peaceful change in the world. As we embark on our next chapter, we are building out a new team of innovators who can help us take the content that our wisdom teachers have created over the last 30 years and bring it to the world.
As such, we are looking for an experienced project manager with a background in web development to lead the planning and implementation of all web development projects. In this role, you will manage the design, customization and innovation of our web platforms to best serve the needs of our staff, students and supporters. You will serve as the primary lead for all development for WordPress and Moodle, our online learning platform, along with other similar platforms adopted for use by the CAC.
The ideal candidate has a solid grounding in web technologies, a background as a developer and a love for working with customers (both internal and external). Most importantly, you are a seasoned project manager who understands the full life cycle of a development project and can manage multiple projects at once.
- Collaborate with Managing Director of Digital Product and Digital Product Team to envision, identify, plan and prioritize projects that support the CAC’s vision and strategic plan.
- Prepare project plans and budgets.
- Manage project teams composed of staff and external contractors.
- Lead coordination of priorities and communication between multiple parties to ensure projects are delivered according to plan and budget.
- Leverage data from a variety of sources, including web analytics and voice-of-customer to gain a deep understanding of current use experience and identify optimization opportunities.
- Oversee Quality Assurance efforts for website enhancements and integrations.
- Provide continual on-site support and innovation for the rest of the CAC team who are utilizing the tools you create; oversee troubleshooting.
Why you’re right for this job:
- You are well versed in the AGILE approach or a similar methodology, which you can implement in a new team.
- You have years of experience in coding and web development, but you’ve also been very successful as a project manager of web development projects.
- You are a strong leader. You know how to keep teams on track and deliver a high quality product on time and on budget.
- You love working with people and have a strong focus on internal customer service.
- You see yourself as a partner. You lead with yes, and you aren’t afraid to propose and trial new approaches in order to find a solution.
- You know how to help change business processes and lead the internal adoption of a new tool.
- You do not personalize feedback or others’ resistance to change; you understand that it is all a part of the process.
- You are a skillful communicator and a great listener.
- You are curious, innovative, and you love solving problems.
- You are nimble and work well in fast paced organizations.
- You have an eye for quality and a desire to go above and beyond to produce great work.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field preferred but not required.
- Experience with digital project management.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience and intimate familiarity with WordPress and Moodle strongly preferred.
- Programming experience using various APIs preferred.
- Project management certification(s) strongly preferred.
- Intimate familiarity with one or more collaboration tools and project management software packages highly desired.
- Excellent cross-collaboration, organization, and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is not a remote position. This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, exempt. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate, to Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.