The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to encourage the ongoing transformation of human consciousness and equip people to be instruments of peaceful change in the world. Over the last thirty years, the CAC has cultivated a powerful niche audience. We now have the opportunity to continue supporting the spiritual needs of our current supporters while expanding our reach through strategic digital engagement.
As such, we are hiring a Social Media & Digital Engagement Coordinator to help us pioneer how we cultivate, engage, and grow our digital community. In this role, you will manage the CAC’s social media accounts, create original content or adapt existing content for each platform, track analytics, and use engagement data to provide actionable recommendations. You’ll help create a strategy that is appropriate for each platform and that aligns with the mission and goals of the CAC. In an organization that is about cultivating deep and lasting transformation more than number of followers and ROI, you will help us navigate how we engage our digital community in deep, meaningful ways.
- Collaborate in the development of the CAC social media strategy with the Director of Messaging and other key stakeholders.
- Create content for each platform, including copy, graphics, photos, and videos.
- Manage Facebook advertising and collaborate with vendors to utilize Google AdWords.
- Collaborate on an ongoing project to identify new engagement pathways with an external consultant to reach new audiences through social media and digital content efforts.
- Support Director of Messaging with drafting and editing emails to supporters, web copy, responses to media requests, and other copy as needed.
- Support SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization).
- Utilize analytics to draw important conclusions and make proposals for future content and social engagement strategy.
- Serve as the online community developer for the CAC, driving engagement with constituents on social media platforms and cultivating relationships with influencers.
- Provide responsive and positive customer service to inquiries and concerns via social media, collaborating with the CAC Customer Service Team as needed.
- Disseminate content in real-time from all live CAC events (webcasts, conferences, symposia, etc.) to our digital communities.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have an interest in contemplative spirituality and are excited by the challenge of how to distribute contemplative teachings that come from an ancient wisdom lineage to a modern, digital audience.
- You have that rare combination of being creative, strategic, analytical, and results-driven.
- You are passionate about cultivating authentic relationships and engaging in real conversations.
- You are an excellent communicator with a knack for creating and curating compelling content. Plus, you’re slightly obsessed with proper grammar.
- You are a conceptual thinker. You stay up to date on social media trends and can propose how to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- You are naturally curious and creative. You continually look for how to improve, and you can innovate to solve problems.
- You are a team player who builds strong cross-functional relationships.
- You are highly adaptable, and you work well in a fast-paced organization.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with hands-on management of social media accounts for companies or brands (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field of study preferred.
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics preferred.
- SEO and CRO experience preferred.
- Experience with variety of technology in support of social media such as WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, YouTube and basic photography editing and videography skills.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, nonexempt. Onsite presence in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is preferred; however, telecommuting may be an option. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.