The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to encourage the ongoing transformation of human consciousness and equip people to be instruments of peaceful change in the world. For students looking to engage deeper with their contemplative practice, we teach an “alternative orthodoxy” through online courses and a rigorous two year online study program called the Living School for Action and Contemplation.
As we continue to improve upon our educational offerings, we are looking to hire an Online Learning Program Manager to help co-create and execute the long-term and day-to-day management of the CAC’s online courses and programs. In this role, you will provide Learning Management System (LMS) support for all faculty and students. You will be the key point of contact with the Moodle community and will evaluate and recommend ways in which the CAC can maintain and enhance online programs. Additionally, you oversee the instructional design and ensure that the quality of the online courses at the CAC is strong and is consistent with the rigor and scope of industry standards.
The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for contemplative spirituality and a background in educational theory and online education. Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from the Living School or are intimately familiar with the work of our core faculty—Fr. Richard Rohr, the Rev. Dr. Cynthia Borgeault, and Dr. James Finley.
- Lead the full project management cycle for each online course and Living School unit, including: course planning, coordinating with key stakeholders (including the faculty or wisdom teachers), executing on project plans, monitoring student progress and closing the course.
- Develop a technical action plan and estimate requirements for resources, including management, labor, and time required to complete project.
- Meet regularly with the Program Staff to develop and revise responsive plans for the CAC’s initiatives in online education, and to revise online curriculum, as needed.
- Work with Program Staff to implement unified course format and packaging to provide students with seamless and user-friendly online learning as they take different courses.
- Train Faculty, Living School Staff, Customer Service and Program Staff on the LMS; communicate with Customer Service to coordinate such support in an attempt to make the entire online education experience in the CAC programs more user-friendly, effective, and seamless.
- Provide oversight of the Moodle software, recommending changes as needed.
- Collaborate with IT to recommend and evaluate technologies relevant to online learning.
- Provide technological support for students via Help Forum and Salesforce.
- Keep abreast of new developments and research in online education, and share this information with Program Staff as appropriate.
- Respond directly to online students’ concerns and take appropriate actions based on these concerns.
- Lead the recruiting, training, oversight and development of Teaching Assistants.
- Establish and oversee a program for the use of research-based evaluative criteria in the assessment of online courses and programs.
- Complete required reports for programs in online education.
- Coordinate the usability testing of the program’s informational website.
- Review courses prior to implementation; provide assistance as needed; prepare evaluations, online materials and instructional plans, offering suggestions for improvement.
Why you’re right for this job
- You are passionate about contemplative spirituality and contemplative practices. You have a sophisticated understanding of the work of the CAC’s core faculty.
- You are an Educator with a strong emphasis on educational theory, and you have managed online learning courses.
- You go above and beyond to meet the needs of your internal and external customers.
- You are strategic, analytical and highly adaptable.
- You are a team player who builds strong cross-functional relationships.
- You are more curious than you are critical. When presented with a new idea, you immediately think through how you can help. When faced with a problem, you automatically start looking for an innovative solution.
- Understanding of the content of CAC’s teachings on contemplative spirituality.
- Experience with Instructional Design, distance learning and/or instructional technology.
- Experience in online course development and/or in teaching in an online environment, including assessment of student outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the major LMS, including Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Moodle, or Canvas. Preference given to Moodle experience.
- Experience implementing distance-learning initiatives and/or creating a strategic vision for integrating new technologies for better learning outcomes for students required.
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written communication.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Video instruction development experience preferred.
- Experience providing professional development to faculty relevant to both online and/or face-to-face instruction preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Instructional Design and Technology, Instructional Systems, Educational Systems or Educational Technology.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is not a remote position. This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, exempt. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.