The Center for Action and Contemplation is looking for a highly motivated Events Manager to join our team as we work to encourage the ongoing transformation of human consciousness and equip people to be instruments of peaceful change in the world. CAC has a rich history of hosting transformative in-person experiences, and we are looking for someone to build upon that precedent to take us to the next level.
In this role, you will manage the strategy, coordination and logistical production of all CAC hosted events, including: conferences, webcasts, Living School symposiums and intensives, retreats and other outreach gatherings. These gatherings range from intimate, 30 person retreats to annual 1,200+ person multi-day conferences.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with our internal team and wisdom teachers in order to deliver an excellent end product that appeals to our current audience and attracts new audiences. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality content at the events and creating an excellent attendee experience that compels participants to engage in building a more loving and peaceful world.
The ideal candidate has exceptional project management skills and experience in managing end-to-end event processes, including but not limited to: concept development, budget management, communications management, site selection, negotiations, contracting, program development, vendor selection, registration and live event production.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a strong background in event production or project management – whether that is in music production, tv production, conferences or a corporate setting.
- You are adept at cultivating internal relationships, communicating with senior leaders and managing external partners and vendors.
- You are a great collaborator and communicator. You can accept influence from others while continuing to push for clarity and delivery.
- You take pride and ownership over the end product. You will go above and beyond to meet hard deadlines and ensure a powerful participant experience.
- You have a personal interest in contemplative spirituality, and you have (or can quickly develop) a good grasp of the content that we work with.
- You are analytical, strategic and solutions oriented. You often see problems before they arise.
- You’re highly flexible and you remain calm under pressure to find real time solutions.
- When other people give up, you are resourceful and you find a way forward.
- You are curious and open-minded. You know the right questions to ask, and when you don’t know the answer, you know how to go find it.
- You know how to negotiate to get the best prices and keep costs low.
- 5 years of major event planning or related experience required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in creating and working with multifaceted, collaborative teams towards the successful production of an event.
- Experience in negotiation of contracts.
- The ability to build project plans and budgets.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is not a remote position. This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, exempt. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.