As the Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) embarks on a new chapter, we are looking for a Director of Organizational and People Development to join our leadership team. In this role, you will be a strategic business partner to leadership and the internal champion of our culture and values. You will work with us to co-create an impactful, modern workplace that is grounded in the ancient contemplative tradition that we represent. In order to pioneer this new way forward, we need someone who is grounded in the work, strategically minded, innovative and ready to step into the challenge.
In this new role, you will be charged with creating and implementing a Human Resources strategic roadmap that supports the CAC’s business goals and our growth, while reinforcing our contemplative culture and core values. You will help us build a dynamic, innovative and engaged team that can distribute the contemplative teachings of our wisdom teachers to the world. As we scale our operations and team by 50% this year alone, you will create the infrastructure to support our people in all that we do.
Tactically, you will direct and oversee all HR functions, including talent acquisition, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, compliance and policies. Additionally, you will serve a key role on the leadership team by providing input and strategy on people operations, organizational design and change management.
Why you’re right for this job:
- You deeply believe in the CAC’s work to bring contemplative consciousness to the world and reform Christianity through its own tradition.
- You have experience building a healthy, values-driven organization in which individuals and teams grow and thrive.
- You know how to operationalize values into HR processes such as hiring, onboarding, training, development, etc.
- You are strategic and analytical. You know how to build a metrics driven organization and support decisions with data.
- You have a strong leadership profile.
- You’ve had proven success leading business transformation projects, including process improvement and change management initiatives.
- You know how to cast a vision, influence others and build bridges to bring them along with you.
- You do not settle for good enough, but are driven to continue to improve and iterate your systems and processes.
- You have experience coaching employees through underperformance, interpersonal conflict, and other issues.
- You have been successful establishing trust and credibility at all levels of an organization.
- You are a strong listener and an adept problem solver.
- You have experience integrating diversity and inclusion into HR practices and talent strategy.
- You have experience developing mission aligned policies and procedures, and a working knowledge of state and federal laws (with an option to outsource compliance support).
Mostly, we want to know that you can get this job done. This means, you have/are:
- BA/BS or equivalent (a focus on HR or Organizational Development is a plus).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in people operations and/or progressive HR-related management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds and underrepresented communities.
- Training in nonviolent communication and conflict transformation preferred.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is not a remote position. This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, exempt. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.