As the Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) embarks on a new chapter, we are looking to hire a Creative Director to translate the heart and soul of the CAC in the digital, multi-media space.
In this role, you will lead the creation of inspiring, beautiful and authentic content that speaks to our primary audience of 250,000+ and reaches new audiences. You will partner with our core teachers (Richard Rohr, Cynthia Bourgeault and Jim Finley) to communicate their teachings on transformative consciousness into visual form. You will develop the look, feel and spirit of our brand presence. You will direct and manage all marketing, storytelling and creative projects from concept to completion, providing leadership to the team and managing project plan timelines, budgets and deliverables.
This is a unique position, and you must be able to navigate the creative challenge of capturing the essence, integrity and authenticity of our ancient wisdom tradition while using technology to make it accessible to the modern world. Through your work, you will be introducing non-dual spirituality and contemplative action into a culture that desperately needs it.
Ideally, you are a filmmaker and creative leader who doesn’t mind getting your hands dirty to film or edit as needed. You know how to drive projects through to execution and collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to create a beautiful end product.
- Work with the leadership team to lead an organization wide re-branding process for CAC including visual communications, copy, brand story, event design and more.
- Build a robust in-house creative team with the support of a wide network of freelance contacts.
- Create and translate CAC’s teaching content into the most effective media offerings to serve our unique audiences.
- Contribute to program strategy to elevate content across graphic design, video and photography by turning high level concepts into actionable content.
- Direct and project manage all marketing, storytelling and creative projects from concept to completion.
- Direct or co-direct all CAC shoots including conferences, webcasts, interviews, online course video, video marketing content and general visual storytelling.
- Drive all of CAC’s new product creation through both original content or repurposing of existing but unreleased content.
- Provide training and support for the Program Design Team in their ability to capture teaching content and do basic editing themselves.
- Oversee a team of creative staff including the CAC’s in-house and contracted graphic designers, filmmakers, photographers, animators, artists, etc.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a passion for contemplative spirituality, you’re aligned with the CAC’s mission, and you already have an understanding of our work.
- As an experienced and innovative creative, you combine a passion for and knowledge of new media with storytelling fundamentals — and you have the portfolio to prove it.
- You are excited to shape the visual expression of CAC’s work, lead a rebrand, and build a visual storytelling function from the ground up.
- You are a conceptual thinker with excellent creative instincts and a passion for quality.
- You have been successful leading creative projects through all stages of development, production and post-production—ensuring faithful execution, quality, and brand consistency along the way.
- You are a strong leader of a team and have experience managing, developing and directing people on set.
- Ideally, you have a strong background in film but have also worked in graphic design, photography and other creative mediums.
- You have a strong and diverse portfolio of work, including digital, video, and new media.
- You have a high quality aesthetic, and you’re willing to innovate and go above and beyond to create an exceptional end product.
- You are able to thoughtfully and persuasively articulate creative concepts to cross-functional teams at all levels of an organization.
- You are a strong project manager who has experience managing multiple projects at once and driving progress in order to meet budgets and deadlines.
- 5-7+ years of related experience required.
- Strong understanding of brand development and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience in documentaries preferred.
- Solid understanding of design, photography, copy, and video.
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite is a plus.
- Supervisory experience required. Leadership skills to direct a team required.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in film making, graphic design, marketing, communications or related field.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is not a remote position. This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, exempt. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.