Do you need support staying grounded and centered this holiday season?
Not everyone feels comfort and joy during the holidays. Sometimes, even in moments filled with the holiday spirit, we can feel overwhelmed by holiday-party expectations, consumerism, pressure from family gatherings, or the weight of loneliness.
Breathing Under Water: A Spiritual Study of the Twelve Steps is an opportunity to stay grounded in contemplation and spiritual wisdom, while feeling supported in an online community of like-minded souls.
Taking Breathing Under Water during the holiday season can be helpful for those who:
- Seek stillness and sobriety during celebrations filled with triggers, challenges and unhealthy dynamics.
- Want help letting go of past hurts that can hang like a storm cloud over family gatherings.
- Long for a deeper spiritual grounding in a season fixated on consumerism and societal expectations.
- Hope to focus on a sense of belonging instead of feeling fatigued by another cycle of holiday stress and sadness.
Rooted in the work of best-selling author and Franciscan teacher Richard Rohr, Breathing Under Water: A Spiritual Study of the Twelve Steps can help anyone dig down deep to the root cause of unhealthy attachments, whether you are in recovery, newly sober, or building healthier coping strategies in general.
Richard Rohr often says, “We do not think ourselves into new ways of being; we live ourselves into new ways of thinking.” Are you ready to let go and explore the holidays without stress, attachment and guilt?
What can you expect in Breathing Under Water?
This course is not a one-stop-shop for healing and wholeness. But if you stick with the experience and do the work (and it will be work) you can find the peace and joy you hear about in all those holiday songs. Each week you’ll explore new themes specifically designed to help you let go of unhealthy attachments by:
- Watching exclusive videos and listening to audio from Richard Rohr.
- Reading articles to help you integrate Twelve Step techniques into your life.
- Practicing contemplation and meditation to build awareness so you make healthy decisions, even in tough times.
- Discussing course content with participants from around the world.
- Engaging one-on-one with a Teaching Assistant who can answer your questions and provide basic guidance on the course material.
When does registration end and the course begin?
Registration ends Oct. 30, 2019. Once the course opens, you’ll have 8 weeks to work internally and in a diverse online community to stay grounded as you face your own specific holiday challenges. Because this work can be lifesaving during a time known to cause stress, anxiety, and relapse, we are excited to offer this additional Breathing Under Water course from Nov. 6- Dec. 31, 2019.
What is the cost and commitment for Breathing Under Water?
The course costs $120 per person. Thanks to the generosity of our donors and past participants, we are able to offer financial assistance up to one week before registration closes. Be sure you use this form to apply for aid before registering for the course. Questions? Our customer support team is ready to help. Call 505-247-1636 or email [email protected] In addition to course fees, you will want to keep in mind:
- You are the driving motivator behind your participation. We’re here to guide and support, but the commitment and follow through is all up to you.
- Take a look at our language and technical requirements before registering to make sure you are capable of taking the course.
- Registration closes one week before the course opens or as soon as the course fills, whichever comes first.
- Course content will be available one week after the course ends, or until midnight, US Mountain Time, on the Tuesday following the course end date.
Richard Rohr’s book, Breathing Under Water, is required reading for this course and is not included in the course registration. You can purchase the book separately here.