About the Opportunity
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative wisdom tradition. As the CAC embarks on a new chapter, we are building an in-house creative team for the first time. For years, our world-class teaching content has stood on its own without high-quality production or creative support. Now, we are looking for a Graphic Designer to help shape a visual identity for the CAC that matches the depth and timelessness of our wisdom tradition.
In this role, you will lead the creation of authentic and inspiring visual content that speaks to our primary audience of 250,000+ and engages new audiences. You will collaborate with our new Creative Director to establish a cohesive visual identity that anchors our work across many platforms. You will be entrusted with the sacred duty of being the gatekeeper of the visual brand. You will lead the design process from conception to completion for a range of design work including web, print, email, mobile applications, and layout for various publications.
You’re our ideal candidate if you believe in the power of design to transform individuals and communities. Additionally, you’re a proactive self-starter who is obsessive about good design and loves to create alongside other people who are passionate about what they do.
- Contribute to CAC’s rebrand and/or brand re-discovery process to carry the CAC into the next 30+ years as an innovative, modern non-profit while simultaneously respecting our 30-year heritage.
- Develop CAC’s brand guide and ensure protection of brand identity through effective communication across departments.
- Conduct a full inventory of CAC’s existing graphic assets and edit for brand consistency.
- Create and manage design workflows and processes, including systems for asset management.
- Prioritize incoming requests from department leads and work with internal stakeholders to identify the intended audience, the need, and the parameters of each project.
- Execute on a wide range of design projects, large and small, across multiple mediums.
- Oversee the comprehensive design process from conception to design, proofing, and production.
- Drive thought leadership around visual branding and all graphic design at CAC.
- Brainstorm new concepts, pitch ideas/projects, and collaborate closely with the Creative Director.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a genuine interest in human development and/or contemplative spirituality and are curious to learn more.
- You’re a conceptual thinker with a strong point of view. You can start off projects by presenting surprising, innovative concepts to the team.
- Your design is purposeful, thoughtful, and intentional.
- You anticipate the next design trend, but create timeless work that will last beyond what’s popular now.
- While you may have a specific area of expertise, you’ve done it all—print, brand, and web—and you have the portfolio to prove it.
- You know how to translate abstract requests into concrete, functional, beautiful design.
- You have successfully lead design projects through all stages of development and execution—ensuring quality and brand consistency along the way.
- You are able to thoughtfully and persuasively articulate creative concepts to cross-functional teams.
- You have a high-quality aesthetic and excellent creative instincts.
- You’re willing to go above and beyond to create an exceptional end product.
- You know how to keep projects on track and deliver a high-quality product on time and on budget.
- You love the collaborative, iterative process of design as much as the end product.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness, and teamwork.
- 5+ years of experience as a design professional.
- 3+ years of experience working in a creative team, agency, or as a freelancer, with a proven client list and diverse portfolio of work.
- Knowledge of industry standards.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-Design.
- Experience in print and digital layouts for long-form copy. Publishing a plus.
- Ability to create pre-press ready files for large-format applications.
- Proficiency in digital asset production: icons, infographics, etc.
- Experience with asset management best practices.
- Experience with motion graphic design a plus.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is onsite, in our Albuquerque office. It is a full time, exempt position. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, New Mexico. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to include a link to your online portfolio (or links to recent work), along with a cover letter sharing why you would like to work for the CAC and why you feel you would be a great fit. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.