Executive Assistant to the Faculty
About the Opportunity
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the Christian contemplative tradition. As we grow, we are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Program Design Team and our Core Faculty—Richard Rohr, Cynthia Bourgeault, and James Finley.
In this role, you will report to our Managing Director of Program Design, who is directly responsible for CAC’s relationship with our teachers. Your job will be to provide logistical support, facilitate communication, and streamline internal efficiency to free up the Program Design Team and Core Faculty to do what they do best: create transformative content.
Candidates must be mature, aligned with our values and practices, and have a familiarity with the Core Faculty’s work. We’re looking for someone who is eager to serve the CAC’s mission and provide tailored support to each of the Core Faculty. You must be a consummate professional and an excellent communicator since you will be representing the CAC and the Faculty to the outside world. As you help maximize our teachers’ time, you will make it possible for them to create meaningful and impactful teaching for the world.
- Support the Managing Director of Program Design with administration and coordination.
- Serve as the key liaison for the Faculty in the organization, facilitating communication between the teachers and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the gatekeeper of the three Faculty members’ time: manage complex calendars and schedule internal and external meetings, events, and speaking requests, while being able to prioritize needs, anticipate conflicts, and solve scheduling issues with ease.
- Manage meeting attendees, agenda, logistics, and follow-up.
- Research and vet third-party speaker requests; lead regular scheduling and calendar meetings.
- Manage communication for declined requests and coordinate logistics for accepted requests with humility and sincerity.
- Coordinate with social media and website teams to update the Faculty’s websites and support outreach efforts.
- Support PR requests for external Faculty events.
- Provide support for personal assistant tasks as needed.
- Assist with travel arrangements for Faculty, Program Design team, Living School Team, and guest teachers.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a genuine interest in Christian contemplative spirituality. Ideally, you’re a Living School alum who is ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work serving the mission.
- You have a deep respect for our Core Faculty and a strong commitment to researching their work so that you can better serve them.
- You’re a professional Executive Assistant. You are trustworthy, reliable, and confident in your abilities.
- You’re highly skilled in the art of collaboration, communication, and coordination. You know how to remove bottlenecks and move projects along positively and effectively.
- You have been successful establishing trust and credibility at all levels of an organization.
- You are adept at cultivating internal relationships, communicating with senior leaders, and coordinating with external partners.
- As an Assistant Extraordinaire, you’ve learned how to anticipate needs of senior leaders and respond to needs proactively.
- You are resourceful, organized, and up for the challenge of supporting multiple leaders with complex calendars across various time zones.
- You are curious, flexible, open-minded, and willing to support different personalities in the ways that best support their work.
- You know the right questions to ask, and when you don’t know the answer, you know how to go find it.
- You are humble, yet confident in your approach and you would be persistent, yet deferential in working with the Faculty.
- You’re highly organized and you don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- You act with the highest integrity and you understand that consistency and confidentiality are sacred values in your line of work.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness, and teamwork.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Senior Executive Assistant or Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Basic understanding of our Core Faculty’s teaching required. Strong familiarity preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- Solid experience with office management systems, MS Office, enterprise resource planning systems, and tools such as Slack, Asana, and Salesforce.
- Expert at navigating multiple systems of electronic communication (Outlook, Comcast, Gmail, etc.).
- Solid experience with video and teleconference tools, such as Zoom.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality.
- Superior communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends for CAC events and conferences.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is onsite, in our Albuquerque office. It is a full time, non-exempt position. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Please follow this link to view the full job description on Indeed.com and apply for this role. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter sharing why you would like to work for the CAC and why you feel you would be a great fit. Please apply through Indeed.com and do not contact the company directly.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics